For assistance with your car, bike, van or motorhome policy, please check the Frequently Asked Questions below to see if your query can be answered.

Select a topic

Please read our Coronavirus (COVID-19) FAQs for quick answers before you call. Read FAQs > All departments are open as usual.

NCD stands for No Claim Discount (also referred to as No Claims Bonus and NCB) and it represents the number of years you have held a policy without making a claim or having a claim made against you.

NCD can allow quite a large discount as it shows a good driving history. This must be proven to allow the discount. Unfortunately, insurance fraud is on the increase and we want to protect our clients from price rises caused by it by verifying documents such as NCD, driving licences and other important information.
If your NCD expired over 2 years before the start date of your policy, you generally cannot use it. Please ensure that you discuss this with us when getting your quotation, as an additional premium would need to be paid if your NCD cannot be used if your quotation was based on it being in date.
We need to know what country your NCD was earned in as it can affect your quotation. The majority of underwriters will accept NCD only from the United Kingdom. We do have some schemes where we can accept NCD from other selected countries, so it is important that we are informed of the origins of your NCD before you accept the quotation. We can then make sure you have the right policy for your driving experience.
You can only use your NCD on one policy at a time. We do, however, offer policies that allow a discount if you have NCD on another policy. This is called an "Introductory Discount" and is usually only given if you are claim free.
For an extra premium charge you can protect your NCD. This allows you to make a stated number of claims in a stated number of years without affecting your discount. For instance you may be able to make two claims in three years without your discount being affected.
You must tell us everything that is relevant to your insurance. If you don't then you risk having your policy voided, and being left without cover. We need to know all your details, your driving history (any claims or motoring offences for you and any other drivers who will be using the car), the car details and the location. It is useful to remember that insurance companies and the police are starting to share information about cover, drivers and driving history.
Insurance companies need to take a lot of information in order to calculate a price: things like the make and model of car, postcode, driving history, claim experience, occupation, and type of use. By taking so much information we can personalise the price for your specific circumstances.
Sorry - We can only implement policies in the United Kingdom and the Channel Islands (excluding N. Ireland)
This applies only to DVLA reportable conditions that may affect the conditions under which you are granted your driving licence but be aware not all companies quote in this situation.
You will be asked to search for your car's make and model. If the system does not display an exact match please call us on 01708 925 059.
Excess is the amount you are obliged to pay to your insurance company before your claim pays out. An agreed excess of £100 means that you will contribute this amount before receiving any compensation from the insurance company. The higher the excess you agree the less your insurance premium will be. Paying a higher excess is therefore a good way to reduce your premium.
Our online quote facility does enable you to gain a quote should your car have modifications. However, if you prefer please call one of our specialist modification team members on: 01708 925 059
We have a wide range of schemes to cover most imported cars. If your vehicle cannot be found on the on-line system please call us on 01708 925 059 and we will try to assist you.
Yes - You need to be 21 or over in order to qualify for most Classic Car policies.

This information is available from your Registration Document (V5). The table below lists the Registration Marks for the last 10 years:

  • 05/55 2005 - 2006
  • 06/56 2006 - 2007
  • 07/57 2007 - 2008
  • 08/58 2008 - 2009
  • 09/59 2009 - 2010
  • 10/60 2010 - 2011
  • 11/61 2011 - 2012
  • 12/62 2012 - 2013
  • 13/63 2013 - 2014
  • 14/64 2014 - 2015
  • 15/65 2015 - 2016
Every car is given a group number by insurance companies, and this provides an indication of the risks involved. The higher the group number, the more expensive the premium will be. Cars are rated according to the following:- value when new, repair costs, repair times, body shells, performance and security.
The main driver is the person who uses the car the most. It is better to be honest here if you are planning on insuring a car for your son or daughter as insurers can invalidate claims on this basis.
There may be a reason for the owner and registered keeper to be different individuals. For example, you may use a car that is owned by someone else in which case you would be the registered keeper. Or you may own a car that you allow your children to use and therefore the registered keeper would be one of your children.
An immobiliser is an electronic device that stops the car from being started if it is broken into. Although this won't stop your car from being broken into, it may well stop it from being driven away.
A tracker is an electronic device (normally fitted as an accessory after purchase of the car), which emits a signal enabling law enforcement agencies to locate the car anywhere in the UK if it has been stolen.

The security measures you have in place to protect your vehicle can dramatically affect the price you pay for your insurance premium. In many cases only Thatcham approved security systems are considered by insurance companies before they issue cover.

This is because Thatcham approved systems are designed specifically to meet the criteria designated by the Association of British Insurers Motor Research Centre at Thatcham. The three categories of security systems are:

  • Thatcham Category 1 (Cat 1) - A combination of an immobiliser and alarm.
  • Thatcham Category 2 (Cat 2) - An immobiliser that disables two of the systems needed to start the car.
  • Thatcham Category 3 (Cat 3) - A mechanical device, such as a steering lock.

Thatcham Category 2 to 1 upgrades are also available (2 to 1) that simply supply an alarm where your vehicle is already fitted with an immobiliser. This option can work out slightly cheaper than removing the security you have in place and replacing it with a new Thatcham Category 1 system.

All of the security systems provided by Thatcham are retested annually to ensure they meet current market standards.

If your vehicle has been fitted with a Thatcham approved security system you should have a certificate from the installer. Your insurer will require proof of this.
You need to advise of any motoring offence in the last 5 years including any pending prosecutions. Visit ( https://www.gov.uk/penalty-points-endorsements/endorsement-codes-and-penalty-points ) for more information.

The main policy types to consider are third party, third party, fire and theft and comprehensive. Consider the pros and cons of each and choose the appropriate cover for your needs.

  • Third party only (TPO) cover is the most basic type of car insurance you can buy and the minimum cover required by law in the UK. With such a policy you'll be covered for liability for injury to others (including passengers), damage to third party property and liability whilst towing but not for fire damage, theft, loss or damage to your vehicle
  • Third party, fire and theft (TPFT) is one of the more basic types of car insurance. This policy will cover you for injury to others (including passengers), damage to third party property, liability whilst towing, fire damage and theft, but not for loss or damage to your vehicle
  • Fully Comprehensive (COMP) It provides third party cover for claims made against you for injuries to other people, including passengers, as well as damage to other cars or property. A comprehensive policy will also insure your vehicle against theft, fire and accidental damage. Many fully comprehensive policies have additional benefits, such as providing a courtesy car whilst yours is in the garage, paying for medical treatment following a road accident, covering the theft of extras such as sat-nav systems and/or paying to repair damaged windscreens. Bear in mind that some so-called comprehensive policies may be 'stripped back' policies offering a level of cover that you may consider rather basic.
No, tools are not covered under any insurance policy we offer. However we do offer Tools Cover as an additional extra. Please call us on 01708 606 255 and we can arrange a quotation over the telephone.
The majority of Insurers allow a designated period of cover free of charge within EU countries on a pleasure use basis. You should contact us before you depart to ensure that the countries you are travelling to are acceptable, you are within the amount of days allocated by your Insurer and whether there is a charge for the cover.
Requirements may change when we leave the EU (after the transition period), so please check your cover before you plan to travel.
Each policy differs depending on customer requirements. We do not automatically insure you to drive other cars so you should check your Certificate of Motor Insurance to see if you are covered.
You will receive the documents that you request from us by email the same day or if you request by post and the charge has been paid then you can expect your documents within 5 working days, providing validation has been completed.

If you would like to arrange a policy with ourselves via telephone, you will need to contact our quotations department on 01708 925 059. All major credit and debit cards are accepted. Alternatively you can send a cheque in the post including your unique reference number and contact telephone number.

You can pay for your premium in one lump sum or monthly instalments. If you choose to pay by Direct Debit, you will be asked to pay a deposit.

If paying by a card, "card number" refers to the long number shown across the middle of your card (between 16 and 21 digits). We may also require an issue number, expiry date and security code.

As a valued Grove & Dean Private Client, all our policies come with standard breakdown cover. CLICK HERE to find out what is covered.

There are a number of ways:

  • Increase your voluntary excess – An excess is the first part of the claim that you have agreed to pay. By increasing this amount, therefore increasing the amount that you are willing to pay in the event of a claim your insurer will discount your annual premium.
  • Your vehicle – The value, type and engine size (cc) all make a difference, generally the cheaper and smaller engine vehicles generate lower premiums.
  • Security – Having an alarm, immobiliser or tracker fitted to your vehicle can generate premium discounts.
  • Annual mileage – Be as accurate as you possibly can. The lower your annual mileage, the more the insurers may discount your annual premium.
  • Overnight parking – If you have a garage, it's best to use it as insurers may offer discounts on your annual premium. If you have a driveway, enter this onto your quote.
  • Additional drivers – Only add drivers to your policy that use your vehicle on a regular basis. Limiting drivers limits your risk to the insurer and therefore decreases your annual premium. 'Any driver' policies are considerably more expensive, if you do require this, check all drivers ages as any driver policies over 25 (entered on quote as 25) may be more expensive than any driver policies over 30 (entered on quote as 30).
Every person’s individual circumstances are different. Insurance companies need as much information as possible to enable them to determine what the premium should be for the risk for each individual’s circumstances. Each insurer will view the details slightly differently based on their own experiences and claims statistics.
Insurance companies work with different statistics and use different methods to calculate premiums. Some companies specialise in certain areas or types of vehicle so are prepared to discount more in some areas than others. This adds to the complexity as a like for like quote with a number of different companies can yield a number of very different prices. We are able to show you which companies are most competitive for you and those that aren’t saving you time, money and effort.
Once you have completed a quote we will email you with a password and a quote reference number. This is required to keep your data secure and to enable you to retrieve your quote details without having to enter your details again. If you need to contact us during the quote procedure, your quote reference number will be displayed at the bottom of all quotations pages.
Many insurance companies require your vehicle to have a Thatcham approved security device. This will include an alarm or immobiliser or combination of both. Thatcham approval indicates that the security is subject to regular testing and therefore complies with the Association of British Insurers standards.
The fact is that newly qualified drivers are involved in more road accidents than anyone else. You will need to prove yourself to be a safe driver and therefore a low risk to insurance companies; this will only come with experience. If you have passed your test within the past 12 months you may consider taking the Pass Plus course. This is a short driving course (a minimum of 6 hours is required) that will give you plenty of driving experience and could save up to 30% on some insurance premiums.
To obtain an online quotation from our website you must be over 17 years of age and below 80 years of age.
The simple answer to this is that many underwriters are wary of drivers with modified vehicles, considering them to be reckless and therefore prone to accidents. The reality is, however, that drivers of modified vehicles tend to be vehicle enthusiasts who will go to extreme lengths to protect their pride and joy from harm. At Performance Direct, we only deal with underwriters who respect the modified vehicle driver.
The email address you enter will be used to send you important information, including your insurance documents. By entering your email address and telephone number you consent that we use this information for that purpose. We telephone each customer to validate their information and their insurance policy, so it is very important that you provide an email address you frequently use and telephone numbers that we can reach you on during our office hours.
In recent years insurers have been losing money by writing motor business. There has been pressure in the market to keep rates down due to the fact that so many companies are writing motor insurance but as they have lost so much money they are now putting the rates up so that they can cover claims losses and make money again.
If you are unfortunate enough to be involved in an accident or you have your car stolen, vandalized or damaged in any way, you can call us to report a claim on 01708 925 058. We will provide you with the support you need, details of the repairer nearest to you and all the steps involved. As one of our customer, you will always receive the highest standards of service.
You need to advise of any accident or claim you have made in the last 5 years. This includes claims/incidents regardless of blame, fault or whether claimed or not. Please have these details to hand.

It is important that you have the right use for your car, if you have the wrong use you may find that your insurance company will not pay out on a claim.

  • Social, Domestic & Pleasure - this covers you for normal day-to-day driving, such as driving to visit family or friends, or shopping.
  • Commuting - this covers you to drive back and forth to one permanent place of work. Please note that travelling to a railway station, where you park your car, is classed as commuting.
  • Business Use - this covers you to use the car in connection with your job, driving to different sites, travelling to training courses or prearranged meetings away from your normal place of work.
  • Commercial Travelling - This covers the car to be used for such things as door-to-door sales
  • Carriage of Own Goods - This covers you if you drive your van to and from work and transport business related goods such as your own tools.
  • Carriage of goods for hire & reward - will cover your vehicle whilst transporting goods for other parties.
If your vehicle is damaged as a result of a claim that is covered by your policy, providing you are using one of the insurers recommended repairers to repair your vehicle, your insurer may offer you a courtesy car for the duration of the repairs, subject to availability. If your vehicle is stolen and not recovered or damaged beyond economical repair, your insurer would not normally provide a courtesy car but will settle your claim as quickly as possible.
Yes, all incidents need to be advised to us whether you are making a claim or not. You can report the incident to us on 01708 925 058.
The terms fault and non-fault can be confusing. A non-fault claim is simply a claim where the insurer is able to recover all their costs from someone else. If they are not able to recover all their costs, then it is a fault claim even if you didn't cause the claim to happen. For example a theft is typically classed as a fault claim because although you are not to blame for the theft, the insurance company had no third party to claim the costs from so they classify it as a fault claim.

Grove & Dean Legal Cover provides a stress free service aimed to achieve a 100% recovery of your uninsured losses where you have been involved in a blame free accident with a known third party.

It offers £100,000 limit of indemnity and enables you to gain compensation where the other driver (third party) is a fault. A Grove & Dean Motor Legal Protection policy pays for the cost of legal representation by an appointed solicitor or legal representative to a limit of £100,000.

We request this information to confirm accurate information was given at the point of inception to help prevent insurance fraud. Having accurate information lowers the risk of an insurance claim being refused.

You need to send a copy of your photocard licence and a check code produced by the DVLA website. All drivers named on your policy will also need to complete this process. Please follow the steps below to obtain your check code.

  • Step 1: Have your driving licence, National Insurance number and postcode to hand
  • Step 2: Visit http://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
  • Step 3: Click the green ‘start now’ button
  • Step 4: Input your driving licence number, National Insurance number and postcode
  • Step 5: Tick to confirm you understand the information and agree to the terms.
  • Step 6: Select ‘view now’
  • Step 7: Select the ‘share your licence information Beta’ tab
  • Step 8: Click the green ‘create a code’ button
  • Step 9: Make a record of your check code
  • Step 10: Email, fax or post your photocard licence and check code together with your driving licence number

Below is a list of acceptable proof of address. All forms of proof need to be within the last 3 months, these can be sent by Email, fax or post.

  • Council tax bill (valid for current year)
  • Utility bill (Gas, Electric, Water, Phone or TV license)
  • Telephone bill (mobile phone bills are not acceptable)
  • Sky or cable TV bills
  • Credit card bill (Excluding pre-paid cards)
  • Bank, Building Society, Credit Union statement
  • Mortgage statement from a recognised lender
  • Disabled parking document
  • Residence parking permit
  • HM Revenue & Customs tax notification
  • Tenancy agreement (must be from a local council or reputable lending agency)
  • Recent Benefits Agency letter (Department for Works & Pensions, Job Centre Plus, Benefits agency, Veterans Agency) confirming your rights to benefits National
  • V5
If all the documents requested are not returned to us we may cancel your insurance policy.

All documents requested by us can be returned by:

Auto renewal is a process that allows your policy to be automatically renewed from its expiry date for a further twelve months. Payment continues to be taken from the account details we hold meaning that there is no interruption in your insurance cover. Your renewal is based on the information we currently hold and the cover you have previously selected, including any optional covers. If any details have changed or you wish to make changes to your policy, please contact us to notify us.
Please contact one of our renewals team to notify us of your opting out of the auto renewal process. CLICK HERE for contact information.

Yes, there are three payment options available:

  • Payment in full
  • Payment by monthly direct debit
  • Two separate part-payments

Please speak to our advisers to discuss your options further on 01708 564 147.

When you pay for your insurance, you are required to confirm that you, as the policyholder, are the account cardholder. If you wish to use someone else's details, we will need to speak to the account or cardholder for their permission.

We work closely with reputable motorhome insurers to ensure that your motorhome is adequately covered. The eight main classes to consider are:

  • American RV (recreational vehicle)
  • Van conversion
  • Camper van
  • Coachbuilt or overcab
  • Micro
  • Compact
  • Low-profile
  • A-class

Insurers will require some minimum requirements for a vehicle to be classed as a ‘motorhome’. These minimum requirements are generally:

  • A fixed on-board water supply
  • At least one bed 6ft in length
  • Fitted wardrobe cupboards
  • Seating for diners at a table
  • A gas supply fitted to comply with the Gas Safety (installation & use) Regulations
  • The Conversion must be within 90 days of completion

All of the above must be of permanent installation. Vehicles not meeting the above may be classed as a Dday van and can be covered subject to referral.

Yes, although Day vans are not generally classed as motorhomes as they have not been fully converted in the same way as a motorhome. We are aware that a Day van is still an important class of leisure vehicle used by many outdoor enthusiasts, from mountain bikers to surfers and ramblers alike and we have secured specialist rates with our panel of insurers.

A motorhome insurance policy is specifically designed to provide cover for your motorhome as there could be some gaps on a normal private car policy. The main inclusions are:

  • Cover for awnings and camping equipment
  • Extended periods of EU cover for trips abroad
  • Greater cover for personal belongings usually limited to £100 on a car policy but up to £2,000 on a motorhome policy. (subject to underwriting)
  • Cover for gas or explosion is not normally covered under a car policy but is on a motorhome policy.

Typical exclusions on a motorhome insurance policy include:

  • Motorhomes used as a permanent place of residence
  • Claims arising from your motorhome being used as a place of trade
  • Theft of contents unless there is forced entry
  • Wear and tear
  • Insect or vermin damage
Yes – our policies offer a range of covers from £1000 to £3000.
We can offer 30 days cover to 365 days of cover.
A classic car can be any car manufactured at least 10 years ago as a standard production model. There may be mileage restrictions and other vehicles including commercial vehicles, military vehicles, tractors and custom made replicas may also be acceptable. If you are unable to find your vehicle on our quote page please one of our specialists on 01708 564 147.
Yes, we run a specific car club scheme as well as a recommendation scheme. Please make our agents aware if you are part of a car club.

In short, Agreed Value is the amount that the insurer agrees in respect of a total loss claim.

The amount is usually agreed at the start of the policy rather than at the time of a loss. This differs to a standard policy of indemnity where an insurer would only consider paying the market value of the vehicle at the time of the loss. Where the value has been agreed the insurer will meet the agreed amount, less the policy excess without deduction for wear and tear and depreciation. Important: Cover will usually remain on a “market value” basis until the insurer accepts and agrees the value with you – this usually requires completion of an agreed value declaration form, submission of at least 6 photographs of the vehicle first and (depending on the value of the vehicle) they may also require an independent valuation.

An administration charge might be applied to process agreed valuations.

Yes, we have a range of discounts based on mileage from 1000 to 7500. Insurers would deem your classic car to be used as ‘high days and holidays’ meaning it is not your main mode of transport and a vehicle that you cherish.
As a broker we use a wide panel of insurers – some will issue a traditional No Claims Discount and others will issue a claim free driving letter as confirmation of your claim free driving experience.
All of our policies will include an amount of EU cover. Please speak with one of our advisors to confirm the level offered.

If you are an existing customer please call: 01708 925 059

If you are looking for a quote for a new classic car policy, please call: 01708 564 147

We pride ourselves on our extensive vehicle file and have built up a database of both ABI and Non-ABI vehicles. If your car is not listed please contact us on 01708 925 059 and our advisors will happily offer you a quote and add your vehicle to our database. Our specialist schemes are able to cover a wide range if vehicle types and we relish the opportunity to discuss your vehicle with you.
Our agents will do their best to provide you with a level of insurance that suits your requirements, however, cover for spare parts will be subject to the individual insurer. Please speak to one of our advisors for more information.
Depending on your insurer, you may be covered for certain organised events. This is subject to the insurer. Please refer to your policy schedule for further information or if you prefer to discuss this with a member of staff please call, 01708 925 059.
A vehicle which is manufactured so you can transport your horses for a personal use.
If you are planning to convert your standard panel van to a horsebox we have several insurers who will cover this. The insurers will require the conversion to be completed within a certain amount of time; ranging from 30 to 90 days from the start date of your insurance policy. This must be in line with the DVLA.
Depending on the value of your horsebox some insurers do not require anything. However, vehicles over £5000 will require either a fuel cut off switch, battery isolator, a factory fitted immobiliser or tracking device.
Typical exclusions on a motorhome insurance policy include:
  • Horseboxes used as a permanent place of residence
  • Claims arising from your Horsebox being used as a place of trade
  • Theft of contents unless there is forced entry
  • Wear and tear
  • Insect or vermin damage
  • Most insurers do not offer driving other vehicles benefit, however, we do have some insurers who will cover this
A Green Card is not normally necessary for travel in EU countries or countries which follow the EU directives on motor insurance. Different insurers cover certain countries so please check with an agent to make sure the countries you are visiting will be covered under your policy. This information can also be found in the specific insurer policy book. If you are unsure, please call us on 01708 770 450 and one of our agents will be happy to answer any questions you have.
Requirements may change when we leave the EU (after the transition period), so please check your cover before you plan to travel.
We do not have a minimum value that our panel of insurers will cover. We can cover vehicles valued at high amounts more than £100,000. If your vehicle is worth over £50,000 this will be subject to the correct type of security being fitted to the vehicle. If we are unable to offer a quote on our website we will be able to get a quote subject to referral to our panel of insurers.

Yes, you can add temporary and additional drivers to your policy. This is dependent on the driver’s details being acceptable to your insurer.

If you wish to get a quote for an additional driver please contact us : 01708 770 450.

Not all insurers will cover replacement locks and key cover. Please check with an agent or your policy book.
You may transport other people’s horses as long as no money changes hands (other than a contribution to fuel), if you are wanting to be paid for transporting horses you will need cover for ‘Hire & Reward’, otherwise, the cover will be invalid and no insurance will be in place.
You may allow other people to drive your horsebox provided they hold the correct licence for the vehicle and they are covered under your insurance policy, either as a named driver or with the driving restrictions allowing any driver over 25 years old.
This will not affect the cover, as long as you have made us aware of their adverse driving history before they get behind the wheel. In certain situations, we may need to refer this information to our Underwriters and an additional premium may be added. Under the insurance, you as the horsebox owner are responsible for checking the driver has the correct licence and advising us of any claims or convictions.
All UK vehicle insurance provides the minimum third-party cover to drive in other EU countries, however some insurers may provide full comprehensive cover.
Requirements may change when we leave the EU (after the transition period), so please check your cover before you plan to travel.
Your horsebox cover will most likely not insure you for driving other vehicles.
Your windscreen will be covered as part of your horsebox cover, but only on a comprehensive policy and an excess may apply.
Tracker Network (UK) Ltd are the UK market leaders in vehicle tracking technology. They have a 24/7 emergency contact centre so if your vehicle is stolen, once you have called them, they will use their technology to attempt to locate the vehicle and liaise with the police to guide them to its location.
It is a tiny (matchbox size) box that needs to be hidden in the vehicle at all times. It will emit a signal once every 24 hours to confirm its location to Tracker via GPS and GSM technology. If the vehicle is stolen, Tracker will use this signal to locate the vehicle.
We will contact Tracker Network (UK) Ltd as soon as you have purchased your policy and we have verified your information. We will provide your name, address, contact details and vehicle details to Tracker. Within a few days, Tracker will send you the device via First Class post. When received, you need to activate it, place it discreetly in your vehicle where it is not clearly visible and register with Tracker Network (UK) Ltd. Full instructions will be included in the device packaging that you receive from Tracker.
Once your device has been enabled a red LED light on top of the unit will begin to flash. Once the GSM signal has been established the light will stop flashing. The red light will turn off after 30 seconds. If the LED light does not turn a solid red after a few minutes, then please turn the toggle switch off and wait for 2 minutes before repeating the process. If the problem persists, please contact Tracker's Technical Team on 0808 509 0909.
When installing the device please make sure the top of the unit (where the LED light is located) is facing upwards to ensure the device can pick up a GPS/GSM signal. The device should be fitted to a flat, secure surface (away from vehicle radio or electrical equipment) and mounted safely with the Velcro pads provided. Please ensure the installation location is not obvious or easily found e.g. Glove compartment.

Please contact us as soon as possible. Phone numbers are as follows:

Our staff will check your policy and contact Tracker on 0808 509 0909 to ensure the device has been sent to you.

Tracker Network (UK) Ltd will check their systems each day until they have confirmation that the device has been activated and registered. If this has not been completed after 5 working days, they will contact you to offer assistance. If it remains inactivated or unregistered, Tracker will contact us. We will contact your insurers, and it may be necessary for us to cancel your motor insurance policy, which we will do in accordance with the Terms & Conditions of your policy.
If the device does not send its location to Tracker every 24 hours, Tracker will be made aware there may be an issue. Their technical support team will work with you to resolve this, and if the device is faulty, it will be replaced at no cost to you. As soon as you become aware the device isn’t working, please ensure that you contact us in order that we can advise your insurers and try to make sure you are not left without suitable protection.
Your insurance policy requires you to activate and register the device with Tracker and to place it in a discreet location in your vehicle. If the device is not placed in your vehicle, you may invalidate your insurance policy and may not be covered if your vehicle is stolen.
Tracker Network (UK) Ltd are the only people who can see the location of the device. They will advise the police of this information to assist them in locating your stolen vehicle. The location information will not be shared with us or with your insurer except when the insurer is required to recover your stolen vehicle. Neither we, nor your insurers, will be able to see where your vehicle is until it is reported stolen.

When you become aware that your vehicle has been stolen, you must first contact the Police. When they give you a crime reference, you need to contract Tracker on 0808 509 0909 so that they can locate your vehicle and liaise with the police so that it can be recovered. If you then need to make an insurance claim, please contact us so that we can assist, on the following numbers:

Grove & Dean – 01708 925 058

The battery is guaranteed for two years. After two years, if you are still insured with us, Tracker will send you a new device and ask for the old device to be returned to them. If you do not return the old device, you will incur a fee of £20 + VAT which is payable to Tracker.
You will be required to return the device to Tracker. Tracker will contact you directly to arrange for the device to be returned and will provide packaging and pre-paid postage so that this will not cost you anything. Failure to return it will incur a fee of £40 + VAT which is payable to Tracker.
You will be required to return the device to Tracker. Tracker will contact you directly to arrange for the device to be returned and will provide packaging and pre-paid postage so that this will not cost you anything. Failure to return it will incur a fee of £20 + VAT which is payable to Tracker.
The Nano always remains the property of Tracker Network (UK) Ltd.
Yes, as long as it can pick up the necessary signal to be able to emit its location.
Yes, as long as it can pick up the necessary signal to be able to emit its location. However, outside the UK, Tracker may not be able to liaise with the local police forces to facilitate the recovery of your car.
Simply remove the device from the old vehicle and place it in the new one. You must ensure you have advised us in order that we can transfer your insurance policy to the new car or provide you with an alternative insurance policy. At this point, we will automatically advise Tracker.

In accordance with the Terms & Conditions of your insurance policy, you need to inform us of these changes. When you do, we will automatically advise Tracker of the changes so they can update their records.

For full details of all the above, please see our terms and conditions or contact ourselves or Tracker Network (UK) Ltd.